I honestly can’t believe this right now. I was complaining to my bf about some Kotex tampons I had used, going on a bit of a rant about how bad they were, and on a whim I decided to go to the website and leave a review so other people who might get them would know better.
I’ve never written a tampon review in my life (it’s not something I ever anticipated doing) so I had a little fun getting very passionate about my thoughts, and then went to submit…. Only to receive the words: ‘Your review text contains inappropriate language.’ I was confused at first, I mean I was pretty emphatic, but I didn’t cuss at all… and then I realized: I had typed the word ‘vagina.’
You can’t type the word ‘vagina’ on a TAMPON review because it’s considered inappropriate.
KOTEX, a company that makes OVER A BILLION DOLLARS A YEAR primarily selling products to people with vaginas, thinks that someone typing the word “VAGINA” in a review of a product that goes IN THEIR VAGINA is being inappropriate and needs to be censored.
I retyped “v*gina” with an asterisk like it was a swear word, submitted and it went to preview mode with no problem. But I’m still kind of in shock… Honestly, what is wrong with Kotex that they think they need to protect tampon users from the word ‘vagina’?
If you didn’t think our society’s fear of the vagina was absurd, here you go. It’s cartoonish.
we’ve spent most of today in london zoo! definitely a great idea to go on a monday as there were hardly any people there at all.
My friend Maggie, at the young age of 34, just found out she has a twin, and now it’s up to all of us to help her find them!
I love a mystery!
Please share this photo!
I love the fact that Faith could literally get out of jail ANY FUCKING TIME but she didn’t because she wanted to do the right thing for herself and because of Angel and Buffy one of the most amazing redemption stories you’ll even see on tv
Few redemption arcs hit me quite as hard as Faith’s
sure is hard work being the emo cousin AND the gay cousin
I walk down this path all the goddamn time because it’s on the way to/from my local tube station, but hell - it doesn’t usually look *this* good
iT GOT BETTER
1) White-knuckled death-grip on the bow. Relax. It’s not going to wander off on its own.
2) Distracted by something just off to the right of the target, probably the camera operator. Unconventional draw - it’s more common to have all three fingers under the nock when shooting barebow. Otherwise not bad.
3) Leaning away from the target. Also, that arrow is a good four inches too long for your arm and you are drawing too far in order to compensate (which I guess might be because both bow and arrow were made for someone taller; I haven’t seen this film)
4) No. Even assuming we forget about the fact that you’re holding the bow at a stupid angle, you have managed to get your hair and your sleeve in the way of the string. Plus, you are ducking your head to look down the arrow rather than bringing the nock up against your head.
5) Again, no. Even ignoring the angle, your arrow is upside down, so you are going to shear the cock feather off on the bow.
6) STOP HOLDING YOUR BOW AT AN ANGLE OR SO HELP ME I’M GOING TO COME DOWN THERE AND FEED IT TO YOU. Also your posture is, in a word, dismal.
7) Your draw is frankly bizarre, your anchor point doesn’t actually seem to be touching your face, but more to the point that bow is designed to be held in your other hand. Your magical arrow is going to end up gloriously smiting the far wall.
8) Go home you’re drunk. Let’s pretend for a moment that you only have one arrow. In which case, you are still anchoring against thin air.
9) …but you’re doing better than this guy, who has his anchor point against his right nipple. Magic arrow or not, how are you planning to aim, exactly?
10) Actually pretty good, at least by comparison to the clown college further up the page. Anchor point is too low for barebow and too far out for freestyle, but not drastically so, I was shooting like that a week ago and I still managed to hit things.
11) I would dearly love to know what you think you’re doing with that left hand. Pointing at the target will not help. Also, you’re leaning backwards, but that might just be the camera’s fault
12) Ok, at first I thought this was terrible - arrow on the wrong side of the bow, draw too far back, very peculiar grip with the right hand - then I did a bit more reading and concluded that actually, the fox is using a Mongolian draw. It’s certainly unconventional, but then, he IS a fox. Maybe it works well for him.
In summary, #2, #10, and #12 have got it. #1, #3, and #11 have at least wounded it. The others have got an innocent bystander.
This is too much power for one tumblr user to have.
AHHHAHAHA I WAS LIKE OOH GIRL WHO’S THIS BADASS WHO KNOWS ABOUT ARCHERY and it’s my boyfriend. it’s literally my boyfriend. that i do archery with. the archery boyfriend i did archery with on tuesday. we do archery together.
For some reason my reaction to seeing the gloriously terrible recent Hercules film was to suddenly want to go and do archery. Maybe I actually should.
3 Year Old Plays With Nunchucks Like A Boss
How is this child?
E. Nesbit, The Magic World
As a child I took this quite firmly to heart.
Judi Dench (1968)
It’s just about possible that I might one day get over the fact that Judi Dench has played Sally Bowles, but I wouldn’t count on it.